Born in England, raised in England and on the Mediterranean island of Malta, I have always been a wordsmith and lover of the English Language. Even as a child, I read voraciously and wrote poems and plays; by the time I was in high school, I edited the school magazine, ran both the drama club and the debating society, and, as "Head Girl" (School Captain) was often called upon to deliver speeches to visiting dignitaries. Not surprisingly, I chose to study English at the University of Malta where I was fortunate enough to be involved in the production of an English Language course for international students. Later, as a graduate assistant at DePaul University, Chicago, I worked in the Writing Program as a tutor; that's when I discovered my love of teaching and came to be known as "The Great Motivator." A Board Certified Life Coach, nothing gives me greater pleasure than to help clients develop a voice and use their language skills to communicate more effectively. Whether working with a group or with individuals, I use my energy, creativity and enthusiasm to inspire excellence!
Writing Services: executive writing coaching | individual and group writing coaching | editing of dissertations and creative manuscripts (poetry and prose)| speech writing | resume coaching | assistance with sermons, keynote addresses and ceremony planning | manuscript review (fiction, poetry and non-fiction) | ESL Coaching (advanced spoken and written English) | creative writing seminars, and more....
30 North Michigan Avenue | Suite 1924 | Chicago | IL 60602 | 773-495-0228
* 35+ years of teaching English/Humanities/Writing Coaching in university settings such as Roosevelt University, St. Xavier University, DePaul University, Columbia College, Mundelein College etc.
* 35+ years of writing coaching/editing/consulting for private clients such as the USDA, the Archdiocese of Chicago, Burling Builders, Horizon Coach Lines,Medical Evaluators, Granda Liturgical Arts, Moving Day Ready, as well as for individual authors and public speakers.
* 35+ years of motivational seminars and workshops (160+ presentations).
* 35+ years of teaching creative writing in community settings such as The Writer’s Desk, a not- for- profit organization offering writing resources to Chicago schools and neighborhoods (founder/director, 1979-1986); The Madison Centre for Spirituality & the Arts (founder/director, 2004-2007); Chicago Children’s Museum, Chicago Public Schools and at art centers, parks, churches etc.
* 35+ years of writing poetry and prose (13 books: 3 collections of poetry; a memoir; three books on Jungian healing with imagery; two collections of scripture reflections; an archetypal study of the gospel Jesus; two novels for children; 80+ articles etc.)
* Ph.D. in Theology, University of Malta, Europe, 1999; Doctor of Ministry in Poetry, Graduate Theological Foundation, Indiana, 1989; M.A. in English & Linguistics, DePaul University, 1976; B.A. in English & Linguistics, University of Malta, 1973; Dip. (TN) TESOL and Dip. CoT (TESOL), Eurolink, Sheffield, UK, 2010.
A Board-Certified Life Coach, I am a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), Spiritual Directors International (SDI), and Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart